- Before he goes to sleep, Landon and I play a "Secrets" game. I whisper things in his ear, such as "I love you," or "You're my favorite Landon," or "You're a good boy," or "You're a giant." And after each thing I say, he says, "No 'I love you.' Psssst." And finally I will say, "Pssst." He then says, "Oh thank you!" because in his mind, when you tell a secret, it is simply "Psssst!"
- I ask Landon, "You're so big! How'd you get so big?!" And he says, "I grow up my daddy." Which I think means, "I grow up like my daddy."
- The first time we went to the lake this summer Landon went out on the boat with Josh and some friends. When people were getting into the water to ski Landon was VERY concerned. He kept saying things like, "Kristin in boat!!! No Kristin! In boat!!!" He became so nervous and upset they had to leave Josh and Landon in a cove to swim while they finished the skiing. He is a bit of dare-devil himself, but when it comes to other people he's very cautious and protective!
- Landon has recently become aware that everyone has nipples. But he calls them "SSSnipples."
- Jillian is sitting very well by herself and can roll and scoot all over the floor. She is attempting to crawl and gets very excited when she actually is able to get up on all fours and rock.
- Jillian has gotten quite the reputation of being a "Mama's Girl." She has to warm up to new environments and new people before feeling secure so often cries when handed to someone else. However, it appears that if she is held facing out, she doesn't know who's holding her and doesn't cry as easily since she appears to assume it's me.
- Landon and Jillian are already having disagreements about who gets what toy, being touched by one another, and who gets to talk. And yes, Jillian objects & complains almost as much as Landon in these situations, and yes, she's only 6 months old.
- Landon is not even a full 26 months old yet and he's wearing 3T and 4T clothes. He truly is a giant.
- Landon LOVES emptying the dishwasher with me, helping to put laundry away, "helping" to dust, "helping" to sweep, "helping" wash dishes, and helping to vacuum. While I don't expect the enthusiasm to last as he gets older, I do hope he finds these chores to be a normal part of life since he's participating in them at such a young age.
- Landon gets M&Ms when he has a successful potty time!! His favorite color to receive is brown, followed by blue.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Things to Remember #5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment