Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Old Enough to Say.......

So I was thinking about different.......random......things.
I ended up on the theme of

"I'm Old Enough to Say...."

  1. My first car had manual windows and manual locks.  
  2. In second grade my teacher led our class in prayer before lunch every day.
  3. I saw Willy-B (the silver back gorilla at Zoo Atlanta) when he lived in small room with a tv.
  4. I remember Hickory Flat when it was a "town" of 2 stop signs.
  5. I watched Captain Kangaroo.
  6. I remember when GA400 didn't connect to I-85.
  7. I watched a tv that had to "warm up" before you could see the image on the screen.  
  8. I watched shows on a black and white tv with an antenna.
  9. Some of my classmates in first grade got "paddled."  And through 3rd grade my parents signed a paper stating whether they would allow school personal to "paddle" me for punishment.
  10.  I remember when gas was $1.05 a gallon.
  11. Both of my grandfathers are veterans of WWII.
  12. I used an electric type writer.
  13. The assistant teacher in my kindergarten class had hair-do that resembled a bee-hive. 
  14. I used a polaroid camera.
  15. I remember when you needed film negatives to order reprints of a picture.

3 comments:

  1. I remember when gas was 89 cents a gallon! And I taught with a para-pro that actually had a beehive...not mine but she was on our grade level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, except GA400 still doesn't connect to I-85!! But we won't EVEN talk about what I'm old enough to remember!

    ReplyDelete