"iHoM" = in Honor of Motherhood
As a way to recognize Mother's day this year, I thought I'd post some things related to motherhood.
Here's the first post of the iHoM series.........
Cardinal Joseph Mindszentey wrote this about Mothers.
I find it most inspiring!
The most important person… on earth is a Mother.
She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral.
She need not.
She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral –
A dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby’s body.
The angels have not been blessed with such a grace.
They cannot share in God’s creative miracle to bring new souls to heaven.
Only a human mother can.
Mothers are closer to God the creator than any other creature.
God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation…
What on God’s good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?
When I read this quote, it reminds me that what I am doing, day in and day out, every hour of the day, every second of my existence
(mothering children), is all a Vocation.
It is all a grace-filled gift, even the moments I can't see the grace or gift in!
To have cooperated with God the Father Almighty, the God and creator of the Universe, to have cooperated with Him to bring a new and eternal soul into the world is an AWE-filled gift.
Let us all be thankful for the gift of life,
the "yes" our mothers gave to "join forces" with God
in "performing this act of creation" so that we may have life!
Monday, May 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment