Thursday, July 26, 2012

Children are like Dogs

Well, at least mine are......and here are few points to examine......

My children lick windows.

They chase laser pointers.

They play fetch.  And will even obey the command "sit" before you throw it.  Aaaannndd will even obey the command "drop it" when they bring it back to you.

Obedience training is necessary for both dogs and children. And it's the same basic principles for both.

They mark their territory.  There are marks all over the walls, pee in my carpet (I have cleaned the spots I've found, but potty-training toddlers are sneaky and I'm pretty sure I missed a few spots), bite marks on my furniture and pen marks on my furniture.

They destroy things when they're bored or made at you.

Sometimes a leash is the only way you can be assured they won't run away.  Yes, we used a monkey-back-pack "leash" with Landon while I was pregnant.  He is super fast and impulsive and I was too big to run and catch him.



1 comment: