A gift of persuading and convincing people that certain ideas are not just good ideas but brilliant ideas.
This gift was often the instigator that got his friends into trouble in high school; mind you, it rarely got him into the trouble as well.
He likes to use this gift of persuasion for his own entertainment --- what can he convince someone else to do? And not only what can he convince them to do, but what can he convince them is, in fact, a brilliant idea?
Jared also uses this gift on his own niece and nephew (my children) (although Jillian is much harder to "sell" the ideas to). And Jared's gift worked like a charm on Landon one day......so much so that he threw a total, meltdown-tantrum about THIS.......
Yes. That's poop, dog poop, on the shovel.
Check out those facial expressions.
Landon = "Yes indeedy! I'm shoveling poop! Stinky, smelly, dog poop! I'm the luckiest three-year-old around. And to think, my daddy almost made me go home before I had the chance to do this job! Thanks Uncle Jared for letting me do this job for you."
Jillian = "Whhaaaaaaatttt????? Poop? THAT is what you're so excited about? THAT is what the fuss was all about? Ugh. Gross. You're dumb."
Look at the care and attention he takes in carrying it.
Oh boy! Found another pile!
About to throw it over the fence.
In attendance of this wonderous job --
Rocky - the dog who's too dumb to poop in the woods
Jillian - who's still trying to figure out what's so great about this
Oh Yeah!! Job well done.
Thank you Uncle Jared, for convincing him that poop shoveling is an awesome job. Just remember that your children will be younger than mine, and Jillian is much more like you and I than Landon is, when it comes to manipulation..........and that Landon's other Uncle is Bear, who eats ants and grubs. We'll see who convinces who to do what in ten years. *mwahahahahaha* (evil laugh sound)
we have dog poop in our back yard. we'll let him shovel it if he really wants to. he can even throw it over the fence into the neighbor's yard.
ReplyDelete;)
omg!! and I am STILL laughing! Love Jared, love Jillian...Landon? A bit too gullible.
ReplyDeleteYes, Tish, he is too gullible. Pray for his sensibilities to kick in before middle school!! And Alison.....I was up for sending him over for the job, until I took a second to think about fence comment....well played. ;)
ReplyDelete