One day in December we were driving around and I told her that her birthday was coming up soon and that we'd have a party for her. She said, "Cool." I think that's the only time in her life she said "cool" without being prompted or copying someone else saying it. Cracked me up.
When Christmas was all over and we were done talking about Jesus' birthday and Daddy's birthday, I started telling her we were going to have a party for her, and cake, and presents. She said, "Happy Birthday to me?! YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!" Cutest tone of voice and inflection ever.
At one point she asked, "Happy Birthday Yandon?"
And I said, "No. Happy Birthday Jilly!"
She just smiled and it quite obvious she was impressed and excited something was "all about her" for once.
Picture of her little cupcake on her actual birthday.
Just us at our house.
Also, I had spent 3 hours at CHOA Urgent Care that morning because Landon came down with Croup after our New Year's celebration.
We had her birthday party a week later. I tried to keep it as small as possible. She's not a fan of big crowds.
She truly LOVES her Papa. But had just woken up from a nap and people were here.
She just couldn't be excited when waking up to people in the house.
This is her waiting for her cake to be brought over to her so we could sing and blow out candles.
Seriously, she just couldn't handle the attention.
The cake was brought over and she perked up......slightly.
Homemade cookie cake. Well, I mean I scooped pre-made dough out of a giant bucket, smooshed it out on the pan, and turned the oven on. That counts as homemade when I'm required to bake something.
When we first gave her piece to her, she stared at it. She then requested a fork. Miss Priss can't get her hands dirty you know.
Overall, she did much better when we did very small gatherings......just us four at the house, just us and my parents at their house. My visions of future crazy New Year's Eve birthday parties, too many tween girls at my house, etc. were probably unfounded. I'm thinking this girl's headed for small birthday celebrations, a friend or two over for the night, that kind of thing.
Happy Birthday Jilly Sue!
You're Two!!
**Also, I'd like some points for being a mom-of-a-girl. I dressed her in a pinkish outfit and put a bow in her hair. For anyone who has known me for any length of time, these two things are big accomplishments for me.**
Allison! She is sooooooo pretty! What a little doll! How can she be two?
ReplyDeleteYou can only hope that she will keep her birthdays small as she hits the tweens! Daddy will have to get tough when she decides to invite boys!!
ReplyDelete