Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Too Smart for 2

Today I turned around to find Landon spitting and sputtering and saying "Ugh, Dirt."  He had dirt all over his chin.  I then glanced at his hand and saw a toy wrench that he had dug in the dirt with.  It was apparent that he had put the wrench in his mouth and had gotten a mouth full of dirt.

I said, "There's dirt on your wrench buddy!  That's why we don't put things in our mouths.  That's icky.  Dirt is icky."  I then wiped off his chin but didn't offer water in hopes that the memory of gritty dirt in his mouth with help deter future mouthings of dirty toys. 

I then turned to go out the door and I hear him behind me singing, "Yummy yummy in my tummy."  When I turned around to look at him, he was smiling with a gleam in his eye, thinking himself to be hilarious and clever. 

I said, "It is not yummy!" 

And he proudly said, "Yes Mommy. Dirt yummy." 

And giggled. 

He's too smart for 2.

What a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment