Friday, November 12, 2010

Landon's Guardian Angel

I believe in Guardian Angels.  I have always believed in Guardian Angels.  But the impact of Guardian Angels was not always apparent to me.  It took having Landon, being his mother, and watching him grow over the last 18 months that I finally understand the importance and impact of their work.

Landon was sitting up and crawling at the age of 4 months. He was independently standing at 7 months, and walking at 9 months.  He climbs anything and everything that looks like it might be interesting to get over or be on top of-- this includes our deck railing (2 stories high).  I'm pretty sure he's been moving non-stop since the day his brain could send signals to his body to wiggle in-utero.  His Guardian Angel (and all care-givers) are constantly on the move in order to keep up with him.

I am shocked that we have yet to go to the Emergency Room with him. I am shocked that he's not required stitches or a cast for broken bones.  I have personally witnessed some invisible force move his body, his head/face just out harm's way numerous times.  I can only attribute the narrow misses and the lack of serious injury to his Guardian Angel. 

So this post is to be a public recognition of this dear angel's work. And a request, for all who read it, to say a prayer of thanks to God, for creating a special angel for my special child who has no sense of danger and no concept of inactivity.  And also to request a prayer for me.....that I will handle Landon's first major injury with sanity and without complete panic!  Because while we have avoided the emergency room so far, it is inevitable that we will be visiting it sooner than later.  After all, he is the child of a mother who received stitches in her head twice before the age of 5, and a father who broke his arm in 2 places falling out of a tree. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure God's reserved a whole troop for anyone with the surname "Keeling"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just fyi...nothing can prepare you for that first trip to the ER for stitches...it is way worse on us than it is on them!!!

    ReplyDelete