- I see a bunch of pictures on Pinterest of decorated LAUNDRY rooms. Nice lighting, pictures, coordinated colors. Painted walls, stenciled walls, cute signs, candles, etc. WTH?! Seriously?! My laundry room is covered in dust and lint, and I try to spend as little time as possible in that tiny torture room. Why the hell would I try to make it look a I hired an interior designer to decorate a room I equate with torture?! I can think of a thousand (or more) things to spend money on, other than decorating a laundry room with mood lighting.
- I hope any would-be burglar considers whether or not children, especially preschool children, live in a house he's planning to break-into. My kids leave so many toys on the floor and furniture out of place that it's like a mine-field trying to make it to the bathroom in the dark. Plus, I have baby/safety gates everywhere and man are those things noisy when you swing them open. You'd never get past one without waking someone.
- It'd be nice to have a pet around the house. But then I'd either be cleaning a litter box out or picking up poop in plastic bags from the yard. I'm so tired of cleaning other people's poop, I'm not inviting animal feces into the mix too.
- It's 5'o'clock somewhere...... but unfortunately not here.
- Frick! Where'd I put my phone?!
- So glad we don't have cable tv. I don't have to watch a bunch of commercials every 5 seconds. And my kids don't either. And I'm in complete control of what and when my children watch on tv. No relying on some network's odd scheduling of shows, etc. No scrolling thru DVR and yelling about how someone erased what I saved. Netflix has it all, and now our ROKU has a PBS station too.
- When was the last time I brushed my teeth?
- Do I look as frazzled and chaotic as I feel?
- What do tribal people do with infants? I mean, they don't have diapers. Do the babies just pee wherever on whatever? At what age are they "potty trained;" as in, when do the toddlers know they have to go to "the specific spot" to poop and pee?
- If we lived "back in the day" when most families were farmers and the kids were at home more than they were at school/away, then Landon would be sent off with Josh into the fields ALL day. He'd be so stinkin' exhausted at the end of the day! And learning skills and building a relationship with his dad and other adult males. But instead, our society is now built on families being separated all day and kids learning being focused on information rather than skills. I wonder how things would be different if we had a society structured where families were together more than they were apart during the day.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Thoughts I Frequently Have
I frequently have the following thoughts pass through my mind as I walk through my day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment