So I've only been awake for about an hour. I've already had these two conversations with Landon this morning......
Scared of His Own Yelling
Landon was very mad at me over something. He yelled very loudly. Just a generic yell. Not directed at anyone or anything. Just a yell. I told him he could not do that around us, and that he could go to his room and yell if he needed to yell. So he went upstairs and yelled. And immediately started crying. He ran downstairs a bit hysterical. And explained that he was scared. Scared of his own yelling.
He scared himself!
We discussed how yelling can be scary. And that it is okay to be mad and okay to yell when you're mad, but there are places and times yelling is okay and not okay........blah blah blah.......
He went back to the kitchen table and very solemnly said, "I thought I was brave. I want to be brave. But I'm not."
Okay, seriously?! This mommy's heart sunk, and also laughed out loud! Too cute. Too sad.
So then we discussed how it's okay to be scared. That everyone gets scared. Even brave guys get scared. I told him Daddy is brave and he gets scared. Papa is super brave because he was a firefighter and he gets scared.
Then the conversation trailed off into whether Knights get scared, etc.
Uncle Jared is Icky & it's His Mom's Fault
Then the conversation eventually went to some story that Sarah (my brother's girl friend) told Landon about warts. Something about how she got warts because she touched someone else's warts. And that Uncle Jared had warts and didn't want the doctor to take it off because he liked being gross.
Seriously, this is what I was told, almost word-for-word.
And I said, "Well, Uncle Jared is super gross Landon."
Landon: "Yup. He is."
Me: "Why is so gross?"
Landon: "Because his mommy didn't teach him better."
Me: "bwahahahahahahahahah. Who is his mommy?"
Landon: "Nanalis! Your mommy!"
Me: "Okay, just checking."
bwwaaaahhahahahahahahahahhahahah
It's all my mom's fault that my brother is gross!!!!! Even a four-year-old realizes where the responsibility and blame lies!!!!
bwwahahahahahahahahahahahah
And yes folks, these conversations occurred in a thirty-minute time span. Wondering what the rest of the day holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On story #1 -- perhaps Landon is afraid because his temper scares him...discussions about controlling temper?
ReplyDeleteOn story #2 -- you are just being prepared for when its YOUR turn to take the blame....lol!!