Saturday, December 4, 2010

Who Needs Toys?

I've always heard the cliche that toddlers like the box the toy came in, better than the toy.  Landon prefers to explore and push boundaries more than he prefers to play with toys. He also enjoys playing with things such as trash and household items more than toys. 

I've documented some of these preferences with pictures....

Have I mentioned he likes to climb things?




I gave him this tin box thinking it would be fun for him to use like a drum. He had other things in mind.

He got very frustrated that he couldn't use all three things at the same time.

Have I mentioned he likes to explore? This was the last time he explored the plant stand.

He really likes looking through tupperware, especially the colored lids.

A helmet Nana made for him.

At first the clothing that's on the floor was in the cooler. He then decided to try it out for himself.


A video of him when he's not quite 9 months old. At this point he also liked playing with empty milk cartons and empty formula cannisters.

At this point, he has started playing with toys; especially balls and anything that can be used like a bat or golf club.  Cars are occassionally played with and puzzle pieces are often used as projectiles.

Maybe by the time Jillian is moving into the "who needs toys" stage Landon will have moved more towards playing with toys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment