At 1am on New Years Day my contractions went from being random, to being 10-15 minutes apart.
At 1:30am Josh came to bed after playing cards with his brother, sister, and sister-in-law.
At some point in the night Landon woke up and since we had so much family spending the night and so many other kids around we took him into our bed to keep him from crying and keeping everyone up all night. So I was in labor with my one-year-old in the bed with me.
At around 6am Landon started stirring and I got up very irritable and emotional. It's very difficult to deal with a cranky toddler while you're having contractions. Josh took him to his brother Bear where Landon was very excited to hang out with his big cousin Jonah.
We eventually called my mom to come over and help me with labor and my dad came and took Landon back to their house. While I was upsatirs laboring with help from my mom and Josh, my sister-in-laws cleaned my house and folded my laundry.....a gift from God!
I labored at home for 14 hours. Around 3pm we left for the hospital because my contractions had finally become consistent at 3 minutes apart. We arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later in the rain with the contractions becoming much more intense. I was dialated 7cm!!!! I couldn't believe it. I quickly went into transition and pushed for 15 minutes. My water broke when I started pushing.
Jillian arrived at 5:04pm on 1-1-11 after 16 hours of labor. She weighed 7lbs 1oz and measured 20.5 inches.
This picture makes her look so big. She's really not as big as the picture makes her look.
Happy Parents and Jillian. This is about 40 minutes after she was born. See the food behind Josh?! I was finally able to eat a meal and hospital food never tasted so good!
I'm so excited that she's here! :) And I'm tellng you...communal living is where it's at. You think I'm kidding.
ReplyDelete